Do you have a plan of purchasing a treadmill for your personal use? Do you consider this equipment as an essential addition to your home gym? Do you think this machine will greatly help achieve your fitness goals? Here are just a few of the important questions you need to answer before you decide to buy a treadmill. And if your answer to all of these is yes, then the next thing to know is what you should consider in looking for one.
A treadmill is a much more expensive fitness machine, so better prepare your budget and make sure to consider the following factors:
1. Think of it as an investment. The first thing you need to consider is the price. It is important that you can afford to buy a quality machine so you will not waste your money. A quality treadmill can give you a lot of benefits, such as comfort, easy to use, and a longer lifespan.
2. Choose the right type of motor. Selecting the right motor type will ensure the quality of service it can give you. This can provide you a great workout experience and will last for the long run. There are two motors in a treadmill that you need to check. One motor is to drive the belt; and the second is to raise and lower the incline. Do not confuse yourself with motor and horsepower. Choosing a horsepower depends on the frequency of using your treadmill. It is recommended to choose a motor with at least 1.5-2.5 horsepower.
3. Check the other features. Other specifications to check include the belt size, speed, incline, cushioning, stability, control panel, and other programming extras. These things will depend on your personal goals and how frequent you are going to use the machine.
4. Know how to maintain it. It is always safe to know how it works. Read the manual carefully to see if you can easily follow the instructions on how to control the equipment. You also need to consider if you can maintain a treadmill. Again, this is a pricey machine, better know if you can do the maintenance so you can enjoy it for many years.
5. Try before you purchase. Do not buy a treadmill without spending at least 10 minutes trying it. And while using it, observe its quality and performance. Is it quiet to use? Does it shake when you are running? Is there a special feature that you might need like the heart rate monitor or an available space to place your music player? It pays to try the equipment and see if it performs properly.
6. List different treadmill workouts. Walking and running on your treadmill may bore you. This is why you have to list other routines and programs that you can do with your treadmill. This will help you get the most of your equipment.
Now that you have the list of things to check out in buying a treadmill, this is now the time to look for home treadmills . There are plenty of choices, make sure to pick the best one for you!