The elliptical trainer and the treadmill are popular cardio gym equipment. Both of which are noted for facilitating for comprehensive cardiovascular exercises. While also fast tracking the fat burning process, not to mention enhancing their users overall aerobic capacity. Neverheless, each of these equipment can present unique benefits when compared to the other. To this end, the following is an elliptical trainer vs. treadmill review that will attempt to outline the advantages and shortcomings of each of these gym machines.
Elliptical trainer pros
• An elliptical machine permits your body to easily simulate a running or jogging motion, without in any way triggering impact on your joints as a treadmill would.
• Virtually all elliptical bikes usually come with moveable handles, which enable you to work out your upper body and lower body at the same time.
• This gym equipment also facilitates for reverse stride training that can effectively stimulate various muscle groups in your body.
• Finally, research has revealed that individuals tend to exercise harder than they actually perceive while utilizing an elliptical trainer.
Elliptical trainer cons
• Unlike a treadmill, an elliptical machine does not come with an incline adjustment feature. This results it from offering optimal variations in terms of a regular workout regimen.
• While presenting less impact, an elliptical trainer's pedals are suspended in the air, and there before it takes a lesser weight-bearing effect.
• Treadmills are widely acclaimed for their unparallel versatility. You can opt to walk at a brisk pace, jog or even engage in an uphill sprint. These machines are known to present a wide variety of workout options when it comes to speed, incline and in-built exercise programs.
• As technology advances, fitness experts are developing new equipment, most of which can be awkward to utilize. As it can mimic natural motion, the treadmill is fortunately not affected by this issue.
• Propelling your weight necessitates a lot of exertion as a result your body will be in a position of burning more calories in a very rapid manner.
• Treadmills have been in existence since the 19th century. This means they have undergone intensive research and development, and are thus more perfected than any other cardio equipment.
• Making use of a treadmill can have a negative effort on your joints. Running on such machine exerts significant stress on the spinal cord, hips, knees and even the ankle joints. This is especially true if you do not stretch or warm-up prior to using it.
• Some recent research has revealed that the actual size of the treadmill belt you run on can trigger alterations in the way you walk or run, which leads to muscle imbalances.
The elliptical trainer can be excellent equipment for those who wish to enhance their cardiovascular fitness with a reduced impact. A treadmill, on the other hand, presents more versatility as its motor will oblige you to exercise beyond your “comfort” zone. Depending on your given needs and preferences, you can choose which is best to integrate in your regular workout routine.