At one point in time stair steppers where the go to machine in every gym across the nation. However, their popularity is quickly faded and you no longer see as many people hammering to use them anymore.
That can be partly due to the fact very few people understand the many benefits associated with using a stair stepper.
- Steppers Work All Muscles Of The Body
When you use a stair stepper you engage the largest muscles in your lower body. It's just like you are climbing a real set of stairs.
You will work your hamstrings, calves, glutes and quads. You will be working a ton of muscle fibers which means you will be burning a lot of calories.
- Effective Aerobic And Cardio Workout
When you use a stair stepper you will increase your overall aerobic capacity. That means everyday activities will become a lot easier to do. This basically means you will no longer feel so out of breath when you do things like walk up a flight of stairs.
- Fast Weight Loss
The stair stepper can also help you lose a lot of weight. As stated before, you burn a lot of calories when working out on this machine.
If you weigh 200 pounds you can burn over 800 calories with a 60 minute workout on the stair stepper. The number of calories you burn will extremely depend on how intense your workout is and how long you workout. Work your way up to an hour workout and you will be able to burn a ton of calories.
How To Use A Stair Stepper
- Using the stair stepper is really easy. Get on the machine and key in the information requested.
- Rest your hands on the bar or side rails.
- Avoid gripping the rails too tight. You should only use them for balance and not to hold you up. If you are just starting out using the machine it's okay to hold on to the rails for the duration of the workout. Otherwise you should be able to use the machine without holding on the rails.
- As a matter of fact, if you have to hold on to the rails it probably means you are going way too fast. So slow it down a bit and stay in control.
- Be sure to stand upright when using the machine. You should only lean slowly forward at your hips. By leaning slightly forward you help protect your knees and lower back. Not that your posture is correct it's time to start working out.
- Take even steps. You do not want to shake the machine by taking short quick hopping steps. This is dangerous and ineffective. It actually cuts down on the number of calories you burn. So keep your steps even and moderately deep. Do not go all the way back down.
- Always keep your foot foot on the pedal during the workout. This will help you get a better workout in your rear end and thighs. It will also help prevent putting too much pressure on your calf muscles.
- All it takes is 10 minutes and you will see how much of your body this one machine can work.